Online Access Login

Online Access Register


Join and/or Borrow

Savings and Loans

t: 029 2088 3751 e:

Landlord Services


Private Landlords

We now offer a service to receive your tenant's Local Housing Allowance (Housing Benefit) from Caerphilly, Blaenau Gwent or Newport Council and pay it direct to you. 

These accounts are recommended by the National Association of Landlords, Caerphilly and Blaenau Gwent councils and Welsh Government. A national project is being run to promote and develop Credit Union services for landlords. To find out more click here.

To sign up for the service, you will need to register with us on this form. It normally costs £5 per month. Email us if you would like to know more.

Your tenant becomes a member of Smart Money Cymru Credit Union and we encourage them to start saving.

Letting Agents

If you would like to integrate this service into the package you offer to landlords and enable them to let to low income tenants with greater confidence, please contact us.

Private Tenants:
For tenants this is an easy way to ensure that your rent is paid on time. It is ideal if you don't have a bank account or if you don't want your rent money to go into your bank account. Here is the form to set your account up.

We also work with the Wallich and Gwalia Bond Board Schemes for private tenants in Caerphilly. All tenants using the scheme to guarantee their bond now have to save with Smart Money Cymru  towards their rent bond. To use either of these accounts you will need to become a Smart MOney Cymru member. Give us a call or pop in to see us to set it up.

Housing Association Tenants 

If your Housing Association has asked you to have your Housing Benefit paid into your account instead of direct to them, you can use a Smart Money Cymru Credit Union Account to receive the money safely and pay your rent. Again, you will need to be a member first. Give us a call to set the service up or use this form.

As the Government's changes to benefits are implemented, almost all benefits will have to be paid into account held by the claimant. The option to have benefit paid direct from the Council to the landlord will be phased out. We are working with local Housing Associations to help tenants to pay their rent and not get into arrears, and to provide a convenient, secure alternative to a bank account.

 All documentation required can be found under Landlord Forms in Download Forms

Smart Money Cymru Credit Union Ltd, 64-66 Cardiff Road Caerphilly CF83 1JQ Telephone 029 2088 3751
Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority 213370, FCA register no: 163C.

fscs cu cymru