As we’re a Community Bank, we don’t have a monthly interest rate on our Savings accounts, but what you do get is an annual dividend paid on your savings. The amount will vary year by year, however the % is usually more than the interest rates you will get from high street banks.
Savers can benefit from an annual dividend paid on their savings. The amount of dividend will vary year by year, as it is based on any operating profit the credit union makes in the financial year (ending 30 September). This is decided at our Annual General Meeting.
You might see some Community Banks who don’t always give a dividend out, however we’ve provided our members with an annual dividend consistently over the last 20 years!
Really simple! There are a number of ways you can make regular and one-off payments to your account.
1. Standing Order – Pay directly into your credit union account by standing order from your bank or building society.
2. Payroll Deduction – Over 30 local employers offer their employees the facility to pay directly to Smart Money Cymru by making deductions from their pay. Contact us to find out more!
3. Benefit Direct – You can have any of your benefits paid direct to the Credit Union to save and repay loans
4. Debit card payments- Over the telephone or in one of our branches
5. Cash and Cheques – You pay over the counter at our main office or one of our service points. Please make any cheques payable to Smart Money Cymru Credit Union Ltd.
6. Caerphilly Council Cash Offices – You can pay here using cash or cheque, alternatively you can pay by card via the council by calling 01443 866570
You can be paid by the following methods:
-BACS Transfer direct to your bank account/Engage Current Account. As long as we have your bank details, it’s simple! You can call, e-mail or use our App to withdraw funds.
-Cheque. These need to be pre-arranged with our Finance Team, so please call ahead to discuss.
-Cash at our Caerphilly Branch (issued as a cheque to be cashed at the local Co-Operative Bank)
Want to become a Smart Saver?
By joining Smart Money Cymru, you’re joining one of the fastest growing community banks in Wales.
Join Smart Money Cymru Community Bank today! To join, all you need to do is fill in our online form and pay your first savings deposit of £5 and we’ll then contact you to complete your application. Once you’re a member, you can enjoy any of our Savings and Loan services.